To install, simply download the file from the link below and extract it anywhere. Open the folder and follow the instructions in the readme.txt file. Have fun!
Latest version: TCPRelay 0.4 alpha 1
- TCPRelay 0.3 beta 3
- TCPRelay 0.2.2.3 beta
- TCPRelay 0.2.1.0 beta
- TCPRelay 0.2 beta
- TCPRelay 0.1.1 beta (the latest Java version)
Many people have been plagued by XSplit Broadcaster's arbitrary upload bandwidth cap which severely limited the quality of their streams on many services, most commonly Justin.tv. I was one of them.
Even though we were reporting success with other streaming methods, such as FMLE, there was no response from the XSplit team regarding this problem other than the limitation being on our side.
After tweaking a lot of settings on XSplit to see if I could squeeze a bit more bandwidth out of it, I decided to give up and try something else.
Just out of curiosity I wrote a quick'n'dirty program to serve as a relay between XSplit Broadcaster and tested it against Justin.tv. The little program did nothing but transfer bytes from one side to the other. To my surprise, it worked on the first try. See for yourself:
Streaming directly to Justin.tv with XSplit:
Streaming to Justin.tv through the relay:
I decided to improve upon the program and created a command-line tool out of it.
Here it is!
What's new in v0.4 alpha 1
- NEW: localization support for:
- [es-AR] Spanish (Argentina) (thanks to Nicolás Sigal)
- If you wish to add your language, fill this table and send me via e-mail with the subject TCPRelay translations for [language] [country].
- NOTE: only the GUI version has support for localization for now.
- FIXED: status tooltip did not clear when TCPRelay was started sucessfully after an error.
- FIXED: added localization support for several hard-coded strings.
- FIXED: component layout updated manually for localization.
Older versions are listed in the history.txt file.
E-mail: in the readme.txt file
Twitter: @StrikerX3 (follow me to be the first to know when the next version is released!)
Twitch.tv (shameless plug! ): http://www.twitch.tv/strikerx3
and, of course, here in the XSplit forums.
Have fun streaming without that pesky XSplit bandwidth cap!
- (14.67 KiB) Downloaded 2254 times
- XSplit User
- Posts: 130
- Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:04 am
- CPU: Core i7 2600k @ 4.5 GHz
- RAM: 16GB DDR3-2100 G.Skill Ripjaws
- Graphics Card: EVGA Geforce GTX 680
- Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
- Internet Connection: VDSL2 35M down/3M up