Support & Community Forum
Get answers from our staff and other members of the XSplit community!

No audio on recorded broadcasts

(Any non-version 1 bugs and defects must be posted here)
Forum rules There's a couple of things that you need to check out first before posting here.
1. The Resolved/Archived section and
2. The Release Notes (Known Issues). Doing so will save us both time. ;-)
3. Always post your hardware and internet specs before you post.
If you are NOT very confident that what you are reporting is a bug, then post in the General Help section.

No audio on recorded broadcasts

by FoXsTeR » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:05 pm

Here's the situation:

I don't really know if there already is a topic about this somewhere, but when I stream I perfectly get my audio through to the livestream. I've set XSplit to automatically record the broadcasts but whenever I watch one of the recorded broadcasts (.flv files) there's no audio in it despite the fact that you can actually see the audio "bar" move.
And no... I highly doubt it has something to do with my VLC.

Hoping for a quick reply and a fix on whatever the problem is! Thanks in advance.

- Morten.
FoXsTeR
XSplit User

Re: No audio on recorded broadcasts

by MSgtGunny » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:09 pm

its probably an audio codec on your computer that doesn't like the audio in the flv file. Do me a favor and try doing a standalone local recording in flv format with the same settings as your live stream and see if you still have the issue.
Where you can follow me:
ImageImageImage
MSgtGunny
Gunny Badge
CPU: Core i7 920 C0/C1 stepping
RAM: 18 gb ddr3 running at 1333mhz, 7-7-7-20
Graphics Card: 1 GTX 560 Ti
Operating System: Windows 7 x64
Capture Card: Blackmagic Intensity Pro
Internet Connection: FiOS at home, T3 line at school

by FoXsTeR » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:24 pm

OK I'll try this ASAP.

I'm actually also having a bit of problems with my Own3d.tv stream. Most of the times it just shows a black screen and only like 1/10 it actually streams alright... It might be because of Own3d.tv, I'm not sure. Do you know anything about this?
FoXsTeR
XSplit User

by Guard13007 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:27 pm

I started having this issue all the sudden two days ago, after pulling my hair out for several hours over these past two days, I have found a solution. And yeah, VLC doesn't work. The audio is recorded in some different codec or something that doesn't get along with common programs.

I found that this program ( http://www.flv-converter.org/ ) at least on default settings, will convert an flv file from XSplit to an avi file with the sound and same quality.
Guard13007
XSplit User
CPU: intel i3
RAM: 4GB
Operating System: win7 64-bit

by yetanotherdude » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:14 am

I got the sam eproblem!
since the update I cant record audio anymore!
also deleted the current version and installed the older one.. still no audio...
both in stream and local recording...
before the update everything worked perfect :?:
yetanotherdude
XSplit User

by Melvin » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:44 am

So to sum it up, all of you get your stream audio fine, but the 'automatically recorded broadcasts' don't have sound.

This is related to the speex audio encoding of the locally recorded files. I think standard media players like WMP, VLC do not really play Speex sound at all. Try to get a player that will play speex codec and it should play your recordings fine.
Melvin
Forum Administrator
CPU: i7-2600k
RAM: 8gb
Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit
Capture Card: None

by ubidorbuy » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:27 pm

Same problem!

Melvin, This is what you said to do:

by Melvin » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:44 am

So to sum it up, all of you get your stream audio fine, but the 'automatically recorded broadcasts' don't have sound.

This is related to the speex audio encoding of the locally recorded files. I think standard media players like WMP, VLC do not really play Speex sound at all. Try to get a player that will play speex codec and it should play your recordings fine.

WHICH DO YOU SUGGEST AND WHEN I DOWNLOAD IT HOW DO I MAKE XSPLIT USE IT??

PLEASE HELP I HAVE BEEN PLAYING WITH THE DARN THING FOR TWO DAYS NOW!
ubidorbuy
XSplit User

by rakalakalili » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:48 pm

I have the same issue but with the recording option via own3d. Everything is completely fine while streaming, audio is good etc. but I have 0 audio on the recording in own3d. This just recently happened with the newest update :(
rakalakalili
XSplit User

by Lakalache » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:37 pm

Hi

I have the same problem. Sound encoded with speex is good (streaming or uploaded video on Youtube) but I can't have any sound when I display video recorded from the hard drive.

I have VLC and I tested with WMP. I also installed a codec pack (K-lite codec pack Full) and still nothing :'(

I tried to convert wih Format Factory and still nothing... I have a new video in other format with no sound.

Do you have any solution for playing/encoding/editing with speex sound encoding?
I need it in order to edit my videos before broadcasting them on Youtube.

Thanks for reading
Lakalache
XSplit User

by Magalter » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:51 pm

same problem here.
no sound on records neither local nor at own3d.tv but the livestrem is fine
Last edited by Magalter on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Magalter
XSplit User

by ch1ck3n-chas3r » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:51 am

Have you guys tried playing the .flv file in RichFLV or Any Flv Player?
ch1ck3n-chas3r
XSplit User

by Melvin » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:44 am

I think there are two things that needs to be addressed here. Regarding Own3d recordings (recorded videos ON own3d) not having sound, there's a user who educated me about it and he sent an email to Own3d and got a good response. You can read that here: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=6807#p28678

As for local recordings, or automatically recorded broadcasts, you need a player that will play videos that contain speex audio codec. I tried RichFLV just now as chickenchaser suggested and it played the sound of the local recordings just fine. Try some FLV players that support speex audio codec.
Melvin
Forum Administrator
CPU: i7-2600k
RAM: 8gb
Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit
Capture Card: None

by pharao31 » Thu May 17, 2012 6:18 pm

Hi XSplit Team
Sorry for wrong english, this text is at peaces translatetd.
Xsplit can not expect your sound can play only with a certain player.
PC users have certain standard player, eg Windows Media Player, VLC player.
Xsplit can not use these speex codec and media player works only on their own. sorry this is not correct.
I have not done that this does sound to me speex.codec.

pharao31
pharao31
XSplit User

by butternut » Fri May 18, 2012 11:12 pm

Right click on the speaker icon at bottom rt of screen and make sure that you don't have two duplicate playback devices where you have only one set of hardware. Installing latest version of VLC seems to create an echo of default device which then conflict with each other. Need to disable one to get back to sanity (make sure you right-click on blank area of playback device popup to "show disabled devices" before you disable things so you can re-enable them if it does no good).
butternut
XSplit User