Support & Community Forum
Get answers from our staff and other members of the XSplit community!

Minecraft & XSplit

Old feedback shall be placed here

Minecraft & XSplit

by Coolaid » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:44 pm

Hi,

For some reason, XSplit does not recognize 'Minecraft' as a game.
one of the largest and most well known games in the world, and XSplit does not recognize it like other games.
and it does not do the features for it like the other games..

Maybe you guys may want to look into that.

Another thing I would like to see in XSplit or at the least expand more on it is:

Being able to completely hide your computer, drives, Desktop and other places on your computer from being streamed by accident.
Many people would like to keep things private, such as things that are on your computer,
except those things you are actually streaming, such as games or presentation.
Its hard to explain, but many times I had to delete lots of videos,
even though they had great content of video game playing,
but because I needed to click on some stuff on my computer, it showed person things I did not want to stream.

so i had to choice but the completely delete the entire video.

Hence I can not rely on privacy from XSplit as it tends to show things I dont want to.
other things such as private conversations in messengers or emails.
I tried everything to get rid of it, but cant seem to get it to where I want it to work properly.

So I will not be streaming until I myself see this working the way I like.

thanks for reading.
Coolaid
XSplit User

Re: Minecraft & XSplit

by Ezkeraz » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:18 am

Hey Coolaid,

You can still stream Minecraft using "add screen region". Just make sure to end the stream first or change scenes before exiting Minecraft to avoid potentially showing any private data. Also avoid having other programs over Minecraft if you're using the "Screen Region" method.
Then I was a brand-spanking new freshman university student and countless doors to the mystical treasure that is known as that 'rose-colored campus life' lay open before me. I was half-swooned with glee. And the one I chose was...!

Image Like us on Facebook Image Follow us on Twitter
Ezkeraz
Support Staff

by kuvasz » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:58 am

It's some streamers' misconception that they'll be stalked if viewers see some info other than the game. Unless you're heavily provocative and outright famous like Destiny, nobody will care about you. Be rational. Everyone has their own lives to deal with instead of some random streamer with 15 viewers. They're there to watch the game.

Secondly, if you don't mark a screen region but simply click on the game window, it will not show anything outside of it. Most people don't seem to know this function of screen region, not even ezkeraz :p
Take the effort to directly link to the specific point of the stream if you want to show something.
Remember to thank useful posts with the thumbs up buttom in the top-right of the post.
ImageImage
kuvasz
XSplit User
CPU: Intel Core i7 860
RAM: GEIL DDR3 CL8 4GB
Graphics Card: XFX HD5850 BE
Operating System: Win7 Pr.x64
Internet Connection: 30/5mbit

by Coolaid » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:53 pm

As far as I remember, this is the internet.
Its not a misconception but fact. I like my privacy and just because people such as yourself say,
certain things will not happen, does not mean its so. again, this is the internet.
You can not speak for 99.9% of the internet users. You can only speak for yourself.
I trust no one, including you. (hehe, sorry but very much true)

As far as your second paragraph advise, that seems to be interesting.

And as far as (Ezkeraz) response, that is a work around and not an actual solution.
I would of hoped that XSplit would of made something more definite, rather than just a broken way work around that has flaws in it. (just saying).

Anyways, will wait until XSplit actually makes a patch, upgrade or a definite solution to my feedback.

thanks
Coolaid
XSplit User

by kuvasz » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:49 pm

You won't get a patch. XSplit will never be able to decide what you want to show and what you don't. I told you how not to show anything beside the game (and that's not even mentioning gamesource), so I don't know what more you're after.

As for your paranoia, I hope you realise that if you connect to the internet, you have an IP address, and if you have that, you can be hacked and all the things "you see in films". There is no middle ground, else you'll just be a hypocrite.
Take the effort to directly link to the specific point of the stream if you want to show something.
Remember to thank useful posts with the thumbs up buttom in the top-right of the post.
ImageImage
kuvasz
XSplit User

by MSgtGunny » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:43 am

kuvasz is presenting you with the current solution to your problem. Right now game source is a 32 bit application and has trouble latching onto some 64 bit applications (including java which is what minecraft uses). If you tested it with the 32bit version of java, it should work fine gamesource wise, but might hurt you gameplay wise. That is the situation at present. They are working on a 64bit version to pipeline 64 bit games to xsplit but that is in the works and there is no version out for public testing.

Yes its a shitty situation, but kuvasz solution does exactly what you want it to do, and lets be serious here, if you have stuff on your desktop that would give away personal information about yourself, get rid of it.
Where you can follow me:
ImageImageImage
MSgtGunny
Gunny Badge
CPU: Core i7 920 C0/C1 stepping
RAM: 18 gb ddr3 running at 1333mhz, 7-7-7-20
Graphics Card: 1 GTX 560 Ti
Operating System: Windows 7 x64
Capture Card: Blackmagic Intensity Pro
Internet Connection: FiOS at home, T3 line at school

by HellGreen » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:08 pm

kuvasz wrote:Secondly, if you don't mark a screen region but simply click on the game window, it will not show anything outside of it. Most people don't seem to know this function of screen region, not even ezkeraz :p

What are you on about? What ezkeras wrote is exactly right, and he includes a warning that even if done like you wrote, there's still a potential risk. While XSplit keeps track of the window, even if moved, anything on top of the window will be captured and shown.
For the latest guides and beta versions (and occasional contents to win XSplit) follow us on our social media.
HellGreen
Support Boss
CPU: Intel i7 3770k
RAM: 16GB
Graphics Card: ATI HD7850
Operating System: Win 7 x64
Internet Connection: >9000 bps

by SAM » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:17 am

Coolaid wrote:As far as I remember, this is the internet.
Its not a misconception but fact. I like my privacy and just because people such as yourself say,
certain things will not happen, does not mean its so. again, this is the internet.
You can not speak for 99.9% of the internet users. You can only speak for yourself.
I trust no one, including you. (hehe, sorry but very much true)

As far as your second paragraph advise, that seems to be interesting.

And as far as (Ezkeraz) response, that is a work around and not an actual solution.
I would of hoped that XSplit would of made something more definite, rather than just a broken way work around that has flaws in it. (just saying).

Anyways, will wait until XSplit actually makes a patch, upgrade or a definite solution to my feedback.

thanks

Ezkeraz's suggestion is the solution for you. It's not a work around. You can't use gamesource unless you're a personal/premium user. If you are so concerned on what gets streamed then you might want to go dual monitor so you can move the ones that you don't want to get displayed on a separate screen perhaps?

Not enough security? Use a dedicated pc just for streaming and a separate pc for everything else that you feel should be private.

My suggestion is don't be so paranoid. Unless you are famous or have made quite a few enemies on the internet, your chances of getting hacked due to what you stream is really really low. Much much lower than clicking a link that has malware on pr0n sites. :lol:
"No offense " sam - XSplit Free User " but your response to my post isnt actually required" - Corey A+, Net+, Microsoft Certified
SAM
Vigilante

by kuvasz » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:52 am

hellgreen wrote:What are you on about? What ezkeras wrote is exactly right, and he includes a warning that even if done like you wrote, there's still a potential risk. While XSplit keeps track of the window, even if moved, anything on top of the window will be captured and shown.

You don't need to start and end the stream with no personal info shown, and there's no use pointing out that anything above minecraft will be shown since such a paranoid person would probably not show anything other than the game intentionally. And you can have personal info behind the window and you can minimise it, unlike with marking a screen region, which was my point. OP probably refers to some icon and folder titles, which are shown with marking a region, but not point selecting a window. I assumed Ez meant marking a screen region.
ImageImage
kuvasz
XSplit User

by Ezkeraz » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:59 am

My reply got me more flames than I thought... My bad :shock:

kuvasz wrote:Secondly, if you don't mark a screen region but simply click on the game window, it will not show anything outside of it. Most people don't seem to know this function of screen region, not even ezkeraz :p

Actually I was testing this for a bit before I posted my reply, but sometimes capturing screen region can still show things that were behind the application. To show an example:

1. Open your web browser and maximize it.
2. Open notepad, not maximized.
3. Make XSplit get the screen region of notepad by clicking on it.
4. Close the notepad

You should see the area that was covered by notepad initially, which is why I warned Coolaid about it. Sometimes it properly blacks it out, sometimes not.
Then I was a brand-spanking new freshman university student and countless doors to the mystical treasure that is known as that 'rose-colored campus life' lay open before me. I was half-swooned with glee. And the one I chose was...!

Ezkeraz
Support Staff

by Augustine » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:33 am

Ezkeraz wrote:My reply got me more flames than I thought... My bad :shock:

Actually I was testing this for a bit before I posted my reply, but sometimes capturing screen region can still show things that were behind the application. To show an example:

1. Open your web browser and maximize it.
2. Open notepad, not maximized.
3. Make XSplit get the screen region of notepad by clicking on it.
4. Close the notepad

You should see the area that was covered by notepad initially, which is why I warned Coolaid about it. Sometimes it properly blacks it out, sometimes not.

This actually goes beyond what kuvasz said. He never said that even after the game window is closed (which is notepad, in Ezkeraz's example), it still won't show anything.

To be sure, it is still good that Ezkeraz pointed out the consequence of closing the game window.

I personally think Ezkeraz, kuvasz and sam state solutions/workarounds/choose your preferred label that work.

Of course, we could do without the snarky remarks.

To stop this from turning into a battle of semantics, I'm going to lock this thread.
Augustine
Support Staff