Support & Community Forum
Get answers from our staff and other members of the XSplit community!

Full screen Stream?

(All non-version 1 threads must be posted here)
Forum rules 1. Please check the Forum Guidelines first before posting. Threads that do not comply with our guidelines will not be replied to by the staff.
2. Consult the FAQ.
3. Always post your hardware and internet specs before you post.

Full screen Stream?

by Ulsting » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:33 am

How do I get a platform to take up the entire screen region. I see the width of the platform go to the edges of the broadcaster,however, through the viewer's eyes their are black pockets on the sides. This also happen for the top and bottom, except for the top and bottom I also see black pockets. Please help. How can I make the stream full screen?
Ulsting
XSplit User

Re: Full screen Stream?

by HellGreen » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:54 am

Can you post a screen shot or VOD of the issue please?
And what is the difference between the side and top/bottom? You use the word "except" but then you give the same description? :)

It does sound like one of two things though:
a) Viewers have a 16:10 monitor and you stream in 16:9 (or vice versa). This is normal, there's no fix for this.

or

b) You need to keep the aspect ratio from your desktop resolution all the way to the viewers. So if your desktop is a 16:10, you should stream in 16:10. If you stream in 16:9 the aspect ratio is not maintained and your image will look narrow (or wide if the scenario is reverse).

If you post information about your resolutions and examples of the issue, we can have a look at what is wrong (if anything).
For the latest guides and beta versions (and occasional contents to win XSplit) follow us on our social media.
Image Like us on Facebook Image Follow us on Twitter
HellGreen
Support Boss
CPU: Intel i7 3770k
RAM: 16GB
Graphics Card: ATI HD7850
Operating System: Win 7 x64
Internet Connection: >9000 bps

by famous9671 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:45 am

im having the same issue... ill try and post a pic
famous9671
XSplit User

by famous9671 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:05 am

famous9671
XSplit User

by famous9671 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:07 am

see how its black on both the left and right side of the screen... i see other people broadcast with a full screen ..
famous9671
XSplit User

by famous9671 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:00 am

help... anyone.... please....????
famous9671
XSplit User

by Lapizza » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:45 am

Are you sure you have your screen region filling the viewport in Xsplit? If you want it to stretch over the entire cast area, highlight the item you're trying to stretch, goto settings and position. Unselect "Keep Aspect Ratio" and the image will be stretchable to the entire viewport regardless of resolution.

Hope this helps (or ignore if this isn't the problem).
Lapizza
XSplit User
CPU: Intel i5 2400 3.1 GHz
RAM: 8GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Graphics Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 6870
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Internet Connection: 40 down / 5 up

by HellGreen » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:02 am

@famous9671
Your image shows a completely normal behavior. Read part b) of my first post. You stream in 5:4 (I'm estimating this from the pic) ratio but the player you watch your stream in is locked in 16:9. There's no error, it's a matter of aspect ratios, just like on your TV, when watching a old 4:3 movie on a wide screen TV. The only difference is that your TV can stretch the image (out of proportions, which is generally considered bad) which the Adobe Flash player can't.

What Lapizza suggests is a tangent of the above, and could help you solve the issue - under certain conditions - by stretching the image. I would advice against it though, it's a personal choice but I dislike watching streams that are out of proportion (imagine a circle, that is oval instead). Furthermore, if people fullscreen your stream, those that have monitors in different aspect ratio than your stream WILL have borders no matter what.
For the latest guides and beta versions (and occasional contents to win XSplit) follow us on our social media.
Image Like us on Facebook Image Follow us on Twitter
HellGreen
Support Boss
CPU: Intel i7 3770k
RAM: 16GB
Graphics Card: ATI HD7850
Operating System: Win 7 x64
Internet Connection: >9000 bps