Support & Community Forum
Get answers from our staff and other members of the XSplit community!

Repeating microphone audio

(All non-version 1 threads must be posted here)
Forum rules 1. Please check the Forum Guidelines first before posting. Threads that do not comply with our guidelines will not be replied to by the staff.
2. Consult the FAQ.
3. Always post your hardware and internet specs before you post.

Repeating microphone audio

by Automaton » Feb 06, 2012

I'm getting the issue of audio repeating on my stream whenever me and my friend talk on the mic. It repeats (albeit at a quieter volume) regardless of whether I have the stream open or muted or whatever. It only does this if recoring my voice (microphone) is enabled and not muted, whereas no repeating occurs if I just record sound of the speakers. I need to be able to record both microphone sound and also game sound as I'll be doing commentary. It's obviously the mic causing this, but how can I fix it? I've changed the settings multiple times to multiple things.
Automaton
XSplit User

Re: Repeating microphone audio

by Melvin » Feb 06, 2012

So how exactly do you talk to your friend? via Skype?

if you try to do, let's say, a local recording, does it produce the same repeat?
Melvin
Forum Administrator
CPU: i7-2600k
RAM: 8gb
Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit
Capture Card: None

by GamerPET » Feb 06, 2012

I had some similar problem but I always tought it was because of my new Sound Mixer.
What I did was in windows to "NOT LISTEN" to my line-in port. If I remember correctly.
GamerPET.com - Honest Game Reviews, Live Shows, Interviews & Starcraft 2 Casting
youtube.com/gamerpet - YouTube Channel with Reviews, etc.
GamerPET
XSplit User
CPU: INTEL i5 2500k OC 4.3 gHZ
RAM: Corsair 16gb 1600 mHZ
Graphics Card: Gigabyte GeForce 670 OC WindForce 3X 4gb DDR5 256b
Operating System: Windows 7 x64
Capture Card: Blackmagic Intensity Pro

by HellGreen » Feb 06, 2012

Are you using a headset for listening or desktop speakers? To me it sounds like your audio from the speakers are picked up by your mic which causes the feedback loop. If that's the case, try lowering the volume of the speakers or use a headset.
For the latest guides and beta versions (and occasional contents to win XSplit) follow us on our social media.
Image Like us on Facebook Image Follow us on Twitter
HellGreen
XSplit User