Support & Community Forum
Get answers from our staff and other members of the XSplit community!

Add Game Issues

The place for all gamers to ask questions and share their gaming tips.
Forum rules Please check the Forum Guidelines first before posting. Threads that do not comply with our guidelines will not be replied to by the staff.

Add Game Issues

by Goodyear » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:13 am

I had recently purchased the 2 year lisence for xSplit, and want to use the Add Game source rather than capture screen region for best performance, but everytime I attempt to it tells me I must first click the game I want to capture, then click the menu option. Considering I just dumped cash into this, I'm just going to assume that whoever made this capture device honestly does not know what they are doing. In order for me to click the menu option, I need to have the menu open, which means I must have xSplit open, yet xSplit is telling me I must have the game open. So what exactly am I supposed to do?
Goodyear
XSplit User

Re: Add Game Issues

by acousticshock » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:38 pm

Here's how I do it and I have two monitors:

Run game in Windowed mode. Run XSplit. Then, add GameSource from the menu provided that it's enabled (chances are, Gamesource should already detect my game); or click on the game then click on XSplit (this is to detect the game). Then, add GameSource. When the game is detected (usually the exe file), click to add to the mixer. After, I run my game in Full Screen mode on my 1st monitor while XSplit is streaming on the 2nd.
I don't work for XSplit. I'm just a user like you! So please quit messaging me like I am your personal techsupport. I'll help when I can.
acousticshock
Focus Group
CPU: Intel Core i7-2700K Sandy Bridge 3.5GHz
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB)
Graphics Card: MSI N570GTX Twin Frozr III PE SLI
Operating System: Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate Service Pack 1
Capture Card: Intensity Pro, HDPVR/Colossus/Live USB2, C127/C985
Internet Connection: ADSL

by KhAoTiK13 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:55 am

@acoussticshock. Tried that, still get the error
KhAoTiK13
XSplit User

by MSgtGunny » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:12 am

what game is it?
Where you can follow me:
ImageImageImage
MSgtGunny
Gunny Badge
CPU: Core i7 920 C0/C1 stepping
RAM: 18 gb ddr3 running at 1333mhz, 7-7-7-20
Graphics Card: 1 GTX 560 Ti
Operating System: Windows 7 x64
Capture Card: Blackmagic Intensity Pro
Internet Connection: FiOS at home, T3 line at school

by Vostik » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:36 am

This needs to be adressed, if we are spending money on a program that items arent working we need it corrected. The game I am attempting to use this on is Star Wars the Old Republic for PC. I am having the exact same issue.
Vostik
XSplit User

by Superroach » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:45 am

SW:Tor seems to be having some kind of graphics problems with the drivers at the moment. I think a few people have been able to add it, but most can't right now in its current version.

To help us also please fill in your system info at ucp.php
Technical productions head at Gamestah
Experimental Technologies / Weekend software development / @SuperRoach / Youtube
Superroach
Premium User and Moderator
CPU: i7 2620m
Graphics Card: Intel HD 3000 / Various others.
Operating System: Win 7 Ultimate
Capture Card: Intensity Pro + Intensity Shuttle
Internet Connection: Adsl1 :/

by Vostik » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:50 am

Ok is there any ideas of a fix down the pipe coming out, this is the only game and reason I bought xsplit for, im normally a xbox player and use wirecast.
Vostik
XSplit User

by Guizeh » Thu May 03, 2012 10:09 pm

Hi,
I also bought the Personal License for Xsplit so I could use this specific feature and Im getting the same fault. I play Age of Empires: The Conquerors and only after reading this thread, came to my knowledge that this only supports Directx 9.0 or later games and, only in windowed mode. (Not mentioned anywhere near the subscription page, actually its exactly the opposite, if u hover over the 'Capture Game Source' feature u will get this description: "You can capture and broadcaster your favourite full screen games using dedicated game capture"...). So now that I already bought the license based on that, and failed to use the feature, I find this thread an others with moderators saying that this only works with a few games and on windowed mode.....I mean WTF!!. Now I make an appeal for the developers to please work on this issue, so we can use the most that this so-promising app can offer, or, work at the purchasing page, and dont promise what u can not deliver or at least explain very well what are u really offering.
Look forward for an answer.

P.S.: System Specs: Crosshair V FORMULA + AMD Phenom II X6 1100t@3,7GHz + 8GB (2x4) RAM DDR3 @ 2000MHz CORSAIR VENGEANCE
Guizeh
XSplit User

by HellGreen » Fri May 04, 2012 4:00 am

Vostik wrote:Ok is there any ideas of a fix down the pipe coming out, this is the only game and reason I bought xsplit for, im normally a xbox player and use wirecast.

We didn't change anything at our end, but apparently the game did. We cannot really foresee this and can only wait for the game to adhere to standards again, so that GameSource is able to hook into it. Sorry.

Please also take note if the lists we maintain of what games have been tested or reported to work with XSplit. Look at the announcements here: viewforum.php?f=13
For the latest guides and beta versions (and occasional contents to win XSplit) follow us on our social media.
Image Like us on Facebook Image Follow us on Twitter
HellGreen
Support Boss
CPU: Intel i7 3770k
RAM: 16GB
Graphics Card: ATI HD7850
Operating System: Win 7 x64
Internet Connection: >9000 bps

by HellGreen » Fri May 04, 2012 4:12 am

Guizeh wrote:[it] came to my knowledge that this only supports Directx 9.0 or later games and, only in windowed mode.

GameSource works both in fullscreen and windowed mode. The DirectX limitation is covered in our FAQ: faq.php#f4r4. We can only cover so much on the buy page otherwise it would become impossible to find heads and tails in it.

Guizeh wrote:I find this thread an others with moderators saying that this only works with a few games and on windowed mode.....

As I said, GameSource works on fullscreen mode. It was designed for this, but only if the games are DirectX 9+.
If you look here (viewforum.php?f=13) you will find threads on which games are supported with Gamesource (direct link here viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1009)
There are possibly a workaround if you mod your game though: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=6978&p=29692&hilit=age+of+empires#p29562
For the latest guides and beta versions (and occasional contents to win XSplit) follow us on our social media.
Image Like us on Facebook Image Follow us on Twitter
HellGreen
Support Boss
CPU: Intel i7 3770k
RAM: 16GB
Graphics Card: ATI HD7850
Operating System: Win 7 x64
Internet Connection: >9000 bps

by Daisai » Fri May 25, 2012 2:01 pm

It also doesnt work with Eve online.
A program made for streaming which doesnt allow you to stream your game is useless.
Daisai
XSplit User

by kuvasz » Sun May 27, 2012 3:37 pm

Deleted my 3-paragraph post to avoid a ban. Long story short, use the search function, read, do some reasearch, and then purchase. Like you do with most of your purchases in real life, I would like to assume. Everything XBS can and cannot do can be found on these forums - the information is there for you.
Take the effort to directly link to the specific point of the stream if you want to show something.
Remember to thank useful posts with the thumbs up buttom in the top-right of the post.
ImageImage
kuvasz
XSplit User
CPU: Intel Core i7 860
RAM: GEIL DDR3 CL8 4GB
Graphics Card: XFX HD5850 BE
Operating System: Win7 Pr.x64
Internet Connection: 30/5mbit