This program scans all of the files and registry settings created by an installed program, then runs the uninstaller. After you finish the program's uninstaller Revo scans for files and registry settings left behind and gives you the option to delete only what you want. The program can be downloaded here.
I use revouninstaller for uninstalling all of my programs. The leftover artifacts from uninstalled programs are one of the major causes for a computer slow down over time. Using revouninstaller helps delay that and allows you to use a computer for longer before needing to do an OS reinstall.
*Note: The free version does not scan 64 bit programs (mod edit: XSplit is 32 bit only), so if you are running a 64 bit version of windows, it will not see programs in the 'c:\program files' folder, only 'c:\Program files (x86)'. The pro version does scan both program file folders, but it costs money.
- Posts: 1890
- Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:40 am
- CPU: Core i7 920 C0/C1 stepping
- RAM: 18 gb ddr3 running at 1333mhz, 7-7-7-20
- Graphics Card: 1 GTX 560 Ti
- Operating System: Windows 7 x64
- Capture Card: Blackmagic Intensity Pro
- Internet Connection: FiOS at home, T3 line at school