Support & Community Forum
Get answers from our staff and other members of the XSplit community!

How to completely remove xsplit between updates

Simple and Advanced guides about Broadcaster.
Forum rules This section is for Guides & Tutorials only. Don't post your questions and bug reports here please (or else it will be deleted).

How to completely remove xsplit between updates

by MSgtGunny » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:41 pm

The developers often ask users reporting bugs to completely uninstall xsplit and then reinstall the latest version. Sometimes programs inadvertently leave being traces after uninstall that could be affecting the updated version. Prevent this I use a free program called RevoUninstaller.

This program scans all of the files and registry settings created by an installed program, then runs the uninstaller. After you finish the program's uninstaller Revo scans for files and registry settings left behind and gives you the option to delete only what you want. The program can be downloaded here.

I use revouninstaller for uninstalling all of my programs. The leftover artifacts from uninstalled programs are one of the major causes for a computer slow down over time. Using revouninstaller helps delay that and allows you to use a computer for longer before needing to do an OS reinstall.

*Note: The free version does not scan 64 bit programs (mod edit: XSplit is 32 bit only), so if you are running a 64 bit version of windows, it will not see programs in the 'c:\program files' folder, only 'c:\Program files (x86)'. The pro version does scan both program file folders, but it costs money.
Where you can follow me:
ImageImageImage
MSgtGunny
Gunny Badge
CPU: Core i7 920 C0/C1 stepping
RAM: 18 gb ddr3 running at 1333mhz, 7-7-7-20
Graphics Card: 1 GTX 560 Ti
Operating System: Windows 7 x64
Capture Card: Blackmagic Intensity Pro
Internet Connection: FiOS at home, T3 line at school

Re: How to completely remove xsplit between updates

by dvinci » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:48 am

I want to use xsplit to broadcast my church service.
al
However I am not able to uninstall the old version in order to instal l the
new version.

Your utility does not work for me. It can not even find any
of the old version as being installed.

I really need some help. It would be fantastic if the good
folks at xsplit had a specific scanner that would scan and
delete all traces of the old program to allow the new program
to install. I have tried quite a bit with no success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Dennis
dvinci
XSplit User

by MSgtGunny » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:16 pm

do you runt he xsplit uninstaller and then it errors part way through? if so this will work for you. select advanced, then when the uninstaller crashes, let that close, then in revo uninstaller click next and it should find all the files and registry settings and then delete them. After that you should be able to install the newest version of xsplit
Where you can follow me:
ImageImageImage
MSgtGunny
Gunny Badge

by alco-xsplit » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:28 pm

dvinci wrote:However I am not able to uninstall the old version in order to instal l the
new version.

Your utility does not work for me. It can not even find any
of the old version as being installed.

What's preventing you from completely uninstalling previous version? Do you receive any error/message during uninstall? Try to show us by using www.321showit.com.
alco-xsplit
XSplit Team

by alco-xsplit » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:36 am

To forcibly uninstall old version, this tool might help: Windows Installer Cleanup Utility
alco-xsplit
XSplit Team

by dvinci » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:02 am

Sorry I did not get back sooner to answer questions. I still need help.

There is no error upon uninstall because there is nothing apparently left to uninstall.

The errors only occur when I try to install any version not....new or old..... It just stops abruptly before the new/old install can complete and says the old installation can not be uninstalled... please contact your tech support team. I have tried many time... and I have gotten no where.

If there was a cleanup program specifically made to go in and clean up ever last hidden trace of xsplit that might help... I understand since I may be the only one with this issue... a cleanup program may never be written.

Thank If you do have any other ideas.
dvinci
XSplit User

by dvinci » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:49 am

No The Clean up program did not work. What happens is the upgrade starts to attempt to uninstall the old version that is not even anywhere to be found. It get about 25% done and then just quits. It says it can not uninstall the old version contact your technical support group. I really like this program and would love to get it working again on this computer. I can not afford the time and effort it would take to do a complete operating system clean install. I would loose way too much.
dvinci
XSplit User

by druminfected » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:17 am

msgtgunny wrote:The developers often ask users reporting bugs to completely uninstall xsplit and then reinstall the latest version. Sometimes programs inadvertently leave being traces after uninstall that could be affecting the updated version. Prevent this I use a free program called RevoUninstaller.

This program scans all of the files and registry settings created by an installed program, then runs the uninstaller. After you finish the program's uninstaller Revo scans for files and registry settings left behind and gives you the option to delete only what you want. The program can be downloaded here.

I use revouninstaller for uninstalling all of my programs. The leftover artifacts from uninstalled programs are one of the major causes for a computer slow down over time. Using revouninstaller helps delay that and allows you to use a computer for longer before needing to do an OS reinstall.

*Note: The free version does not scan 64 bit programs, so if you are running a 64 bit version of windows, if will not see programs in the c:/program files folder, only c:/Program files (x86)/. The pro version does scan both program file folders, but it costs money.

Wow Hello MasterGunny happy to see you here and I will use this program you suggested from now on. Just curious if I can use this program to get rid of unwanted files on programs i've already uninstalled in the past?

See you around the forums and xsplit and GO community gunny! Weird it says i'm a free user but paid to be a premium user hmm.
druminfected
XSplit User

by MSgtGunny » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:42 pm

no, it will not find files leftover from preivously uninstalled programs, but if you want to clean your registry of such entries, use CCleaner, click the registry tab on the side and click analyze. When it asks to backup your registry, do so because you never know what might happen.

Also, just Gunny is fine, and most people don't get the M is for master, are you in the military?
Where you can follow me:
ImageImageImage
MSgtGunny
Gunny Badge

by dvinci » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:16 am

Nothing is working for me to completely uninstall old version (at least that is what the attempted new install tells me) I do not understand it because I see absolutely no trace of the old install anywhere. Yet ever time I try to install the new version it says it can not uninstall the old version and just stops at about 3/4 of the way.

I a ready to use this program in a big way if only I could get it re-installed. Are there any hidden files any where? Is there something in the registry that needs to be deleted that is not found by searching the word(s) xplit? Is there anyone out there....perhapse even the very person or team who wrote the xsplit software who can really help me?

Thanks
dvinci
XSplit User

by Melvin » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:21 am

dvinci wrote:Nothing is working for me to completely uninstall old version (at least that is what the attempted new install tells me) I do not understand it because I see absolutely no trace of the old install anywhere. Yet ever time I try to install the new version it says it can not uninstall the old version and just stops at about 3/4 of the way.

I a ready to use this program in a big way if only I could get it re-installed. Are there any hidden files any where? Is there something in the registry that needs to be deleted that is not found by searching the word(s) xplit? Is there anyone out there....perhapse even the very person or team who wrote the xsplit software who can really help me?

Thanks

Thats a very very strange problem for a fact that no other person or user has been experiencing that (recently). If thats the case, our general conclusion is that maybe there's something wrong with your system.

We're really really curious to see how it looks like so if you could do us a favor, then please go to 321showit.com, then record the installation process so we can EXACTLY see where its occuring and hence make more analysis on the problem. Let us know.
Melvin
Forum Administrator
CPU: i7-2600k
RAM: 8gb
Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit
Capture Card: None

by MSgtGunny » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:36 pm

places to check, C:\ProgramData\SplitMediaLabs
also try running ccleaner to get rid of left over registry settings.
Where you can follow me:
ImageImageImage
MSgtGunny
Gunny Badge

by dvinci » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:55 pm

I will do the 321showit.com thing right after this reply. I have done many ccleaner scans and even other deeper scans. I have also checked the c:\ProgramData\SplitmediaLabs before many times.
I will do it again now. Also I agree with you... there is most likely something wrong with my system. I never meant to even reply that xsplit was at fault. I am just trying to figure out what could be wrong. I have come to the same conclusion that you have because for the same reason you have.
NO ONE ELSE is reporting the problem.

Thanks again
dvinci
XSplit User

by dvinci » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:05 pm

dvinci
XSplit User

One solution to correct errors

by shinigamipt » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:23 pm

Sometimes reinstalling does not correct the errors, perhaps by the registration has not yet been cleared.

1.Uninstall the Xsplit
2.Please go to run type: regedit
3.Go HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Wow6432Node to and delete the folder SpliMediaLabs
Windows
4.Restart
5.Install the Xsplit

I hope that this method solves some problems.
shinigamipt
XSplit User

by dvinci » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:34 pm

Thanks again for trying.

That folder does not exist in my registry.

I do not believe there is anything left in my
registry with xsplit or split media left in it.

Is there anything else that would prevent the old
version from uninstalling completely.... or the new
version from installing completely in the registry
that is not marked with xsplit or split media?

Thanks again.
dvinci
XSplit User

by dvinci » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:39 pm

P.S. Is it safe to delete the key Go HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Wow6432Node ?

Even though there is no SplitmediaLabs folder under it? Do you think this might help?
dvinci
XSplit User

by FeaRLuffy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:26 pm

nice it worked
FeaRLuffy
XSplit User
CPU: Intel (R) Core(TM) i3 M330 @ 2.13 GHz
RAM: 4.00 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator HD
Operating System: 64 Bit
Capture Card: HD PVR Hauppage
Internet Connection: 25 Download / 7 Upload

by JR.Drawer » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:22 pm

so i had xsplit on my pc, got some update thing and did it. then xsplit wouldn't even open so i uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it. it wouldn't work AND my computer keeps restarting :S i tried to go to the registry to delete whatever was there... as soon as the registry window opens my pc restarts. can someone tell me what is going on?
JR.Drawer
XSplit User