Support & Community Forum
Get answers from our staff and other members of the XSplit community!

Xsplit setup for League of Legends streaming

The place for all gamers to ask questions and share their gaming tips.
Forum rules Please check the Forum Guidelines first before posting. Threads that do not comply with our guidelines will not be replied to by the staff.

Xsplit setup for League of Legends streaming

by Pwndestrian » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:14 pm

Hello my name is Steven Taylor or as some may know me in game as Pwndestrian. I set up my stream for league of legends by using two main features. First I add a Screen Region and highlight the whole screen as I use a program (which I will link at the end) to make the game full screen after the loading screen starts. The second part is optional and only can be done if you have multiple screens. I take whatever program I'm going to use for music (iTunes, WMP, Pandora radio) and I find where the song name and artist is displayed and i highlight that with a screen region. i then scale the size of it down so that if fits comfortably just to the left of the minimap, in the bottom right of the game window, right on top of the buttons that no one ever looks at haha. That is how i set up my stream so it's easy to find what I'm listening to and watch me play at the same time.

The program I talked about earlier that I use to make the game full screen without the stream having flashing issues is called ShiftWindow.

If you would like to watch my stream (if i get Xsplit working again) please feel free to on the site http://www.chippermonkey.net and click my name (Pwndestrian) in the "Streams" tab.

Thank you for reading this guide and i hope it helped. :D
Pwndestrian
XSplit User

Re: Xsplit setup for League of Legends streaming

by Caharin » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:37 pm

I have been testing my stream for a few different games, but am only having an issue with league or legends. It is very choppy and it seems the only way to fix it is to play in windowed mode, which of course is awful. I also have a dual monitor setup and would be grateful if we could talk about what your settings are so that maybe I can remedy my LoL streaming issues. If you would like to see what i mean about the stream issues, please see my Justin.tv info below.

League SN: Drahma
Justin.tv Channel: Caharin

Edit: After watching one of your past video streams on J.tv I installed 'Shift Window' and it seems to have solved my issues. Thank for the inadvertent assist!
Caharin
XSplit User

by AwesomeNinjaa » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:59 am

Here's the link to those who are wondering what ShiftWindow is:
http://grismar.net/shiftwindow/

It allows you to customize the windows border settings and define the region the window is placed in, aka allowing you to place the borders outside your screen, allowing for full screen viewing :)
AwesomeNinjaa
XSplit User

by Pwndestrian » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:39 pm

@caharin Actually I put ShiftWindow in my post for that very reason knowing the bug for full screen and it is the same for all games played in fullscreen not just League of Legends. and @awesomeninja Thank you for that link i seem to have forgotten that.
Pwndestrian
XSplit User

by MiZiGe » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:32 pm

Hi,
Surprisingly, I have 0 issues (even performance) with streaming LoL...the vids end up looking better then War3.
Playing it windowed: you can always "maximise" the window, and you will see almost no difference. Besides, there are many advantages in playing games in windowed mode, many games offer a "windowed fullscreen" mode even.
MiZiGe
XSplit User

by DigitalAnomaly » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:26 pm

If I'm not mistaken, you do not need ShiftWindow to enable windowed full-screen mode on LoL, although you will need to edit LoL's config file manually.

To do this, go to your LoL game directory, under Game\DATA\CFG and edit the file: game.cfg

Look for the following line:
Windowed=0

Change the value to 1 and add BorderlessWindow=1 so it will look like:
Windowed=1
BorderlessWindow=1

This will result in a windowed full-screen mode for LoL, without using ShiftWindow. :)
DigitalAnomaly
XSplit Team
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-950 Processor
RAM: G.SKILL Sniper DDR3-1600 24 GB (4x6)
Graphics Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB
Operating System: Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit
Capture Card: Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle
Internet Connection: SDSL 4Mbps

by Kanosei » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:00 pm

the game\data\cfg directory doesnt exist, and after scanning through almost file/folder in the RADS folder, I cant find a game.cfg anywhere.
Kanosei
XSplit User

by dusktilldawngaming » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:39 am

C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\releases\0.0.0.63\deploy

this is the new destination for the config file.
dusktilldawngaming
Focus Group
CPU: Intel i7-920 (Overclocked to 4Ghz)
RAM: Kingston HyperX T1 12GB DDR3 1600Mhz
Graphics Card: ATI HD 5970 2GB (Catalyst 13.1)
Operating System: Windows 8 Pro 64bit
Capture Card: BMIP (Driver 9.6.5) & Live Gamer HD
Internet Connection: 35 Down / 6 Up

by opsenas » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:16 pm

now its possible to just do it in options :D
opsenas
XSplit User

by BOSSNASTi » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:29 pm

Pwndestrian wrote:Hello my name is Steven Taylor or as some may know me in game as Pwndestrian. I set up my stream for league of legends by using two main features. First I add a Screen Region and highlight the whole screen as I use a program (which I will link at the end) to make the game full screen after the loading screen starts. The second part is optional and only can be done if you have multiple screens. I take whatever program I'm going to use for music (iTunes, WMP, Pandora radio) and I find where the song name and artist is displayed and i highlight that with a screen region. i then scale the size of it down so that if fits comfortably just to the left of the minimap, in the bottom right of the game window, right on top of the buttons that no one ever looks at haha. That is how i set up my stream so it's easy to find what I'm listening to and watch me play at the same time.

The program I talked about earlier that I use to make the game full screen without the stream having flashing issues is called ShiftWindow.

If you would like to watch my stream (if i get Xsplit working again) please feel free to on the site http://www.chippermonkey.net and click my name (Pwndestrian) in the "Streams" tab.

Thank you for reading this guide and i hope it helped. :D

Hey if anyone here including the OP would be able to help me out with my LoL Stream, I would be greatly appreciated, I just feel as though the OP could have went into more detail, or maybe I missed it, but I didn't see any specific xsplit settings for what he's running to stream excluding the "Shift Window"(which I have just recently downloaded after reading this thread). Making a video on this would be great I feel. I'm just looking for what I specifically need to do, I'm most people would be able to understand more from seeing a visual presentation compared to a verbal one.

But this thread is a big help. My Skype: bossnasti & my LoL: bossnasti | if anyone would like to help me with my stream. Thanks.
BOSSNASTi
XSplit User