Support & Community Forum
Get answers from our staff and other members of the XSplit community!

Multiple Computers stream

Ask for general help about Broadcaster.
Forum rules 1. Consult the FAQ and do a quick forum search first.
2. Post your hardware and internet specs in your profile before creating a thread.

Multiple Computers stream

by Ezkeal » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:51 am

Hey guys,

Me and my wife both want to start streaming "kind of as a couple" thing. However we want to push the broadcast just through my computer. So the set up would be her playing WoW on her laptop, The video would be pushing to my computer into my Xsplit to be broadcasted along side my video. I am looking to be able to set up different things through my xsplit to be able to control what viewers see such as taking control of the cameras and what not. I know I need IP cameras for that to work which is not a problem.

The issue i am running into is how do i set it up so Video comes to my computer from her laptop (she plays on a macbook pro) I would like to use the webcam on the mac because well its a very good one. I really dont want a bunch of wires all over the place and would like to keep this as mobile as possible because she likes to play in the living room and what have you.

basically i want to set something up like how swifty has it with his gaming house but not as in depth
twitch.tv/swifty

Do i need to purchase a capture card for this to work or is there some other way?

Any insight into this matter would be awesome!
Ezkeal
XSplit User

Re: Multiple Computers stream

by RobinJack0r » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:19 am

Hey,
first of all there are a lot of ways to setup your streaming:
http://blog.hemp-society.de/p/setup-guides.html
and also different options to do Picture in Picture streaming:
http://blog.hemp-society.de/2012/10/pic ... des-1.html

The mobility will be a big problem, I could only think of using XSplits local streaming feature to stay mobile in the house. But the laptop of your girlfriend would have to do the encoding then and send her Video to your PC. On your PC you would mix this together with your footage and then stream it to twitch.
The most perfect/professional setup would probably be an external encoding box with 2 capture cards. Your PC and your Girlfriends Laptop would just send a cloned image of your main monitor to the capture cards. You could connect two webcams/or more to this PC and then mix everything to your liking without affecting the performance of your game pc or your GFs laptop.
It mainly depends on what your current systems are capable of doing. Feel free to ask specific questions :)

Greetings
RobinJack0r
Premium User and Moderator
CPU: I7 4770
RAM: 8GB DDR3
Graphics Card: ATI 7850 2GB
Operating System: Win 8.1
Capture Card: Avermedia C127
Internet Connection: 64 / 5

by Ezkeal » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:15 pm

Would this work

Get a capture card for my Desktop PC (i have one of the best you can atm)

Specs are:
I7 3770k
680gtx
12 gig ram

Put a capture card in my desktop, take an hdmi hook it up to her laptop have it mirror her desktop get a IP camera and have it set to my xsplit? would that work?
Ezkeal
XSplit User

by RobinJack0r » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:47 am

Yep, definitely, I just wanted to make clear that mobility is a hard to achieve thing when you want to stream. In this case you would use your PC as the streambox I mentioned and would only need one capture card of course. :)
For the IP camera, you can check if a normal webcam would be enough or you really need an IPcam, I guess that depends how you want to use it.
RobinJack0r
Premium User and Moderator
CPU: I7 4770
RAM: 8GB DDR3
Graphics Card: ATI 7850 2GB
Operating System: Win 8.1
Capture Card: Avermedia C127
Internet Connection: 64 / 5