Support & Community Forum
Get answers from our staff and other members of the XSplit community!

xSplit won't play sounds from stereo mix.

Looking for tips or inputs on how to improve and optimize your stream settings? You can browse through the posts here or ask questions!
Forum rules 1. Consult the FAQ and do a quick forum search first.
2. Post your hardware and internet specs in your profile before creating a thread.

xSplit won't play sounds from stereo mix.

by mrbigcowmc » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:29 am

Hello, my stream won't play anything coming through the Stereo mix. I'm using Windows 8 and stereo mix is enabled. My Blue Snowball is working fine, but xSplit seems to not pick up stereo mix. I am livestreaming Windows 8 and I want the stream to hear my friends on Skype and music from Pandora while I am away. The link to my stream is http://www.twitch.tv/MrBigCowMC I hope you can help.
mrbigcowmc
XSplit User
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz
RAM: 8.00 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7570
Operating System: Windows 8 64-bit
Internet Connection: Internet Connection

Re: xSplit won't play sounds from stereo mix.

by RobinJack0r » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:32 pm

You normally dont have to use the Stereomix to get Skype sounds etc into XSplit. They just have to play through your default audio device.
I would also think you have your Blue Snowball Microphone selected in the XSplit settings as your microphone. To use your Stereomix, you would have to select it there instead of your microphone, as it is a "recording" device.
Please check that you have the latest drivers of your soundcard installed. NOT Windows 8 default drivers. And make sure Skype etc are outputting their sound to your default Windows Playback device.
Ultimately you could uncheck the "Allow applications to take exclusive controls..." checkbox in your sound device properties.
RobinJack0r
Premium User and Moderator
CPU: I7 4770
RAM: 8GB DDR3
Graphics Card: ATI 7850 2GB
Operating System: Win 8.1
Capture Card: Avermedia C127
Internet Connection: 64 / 5

by mrbigcowmc » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:14 pm

The default device for playback are my Speakers. Skype does play through them, but xSplit still won't pick it up. I even tried unchecking the "Allow applications to take exclusive controls...". I also have all of my drivers up to date. Even tried restarting xSplit and my computer.
mrbigcowmc
XSplit User
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz
RAM: 8.00 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7570
Operating System: Windows 8 64-bit
Internet Connection: Internet Connection

by RobinJack0r » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:31 am

Well speakers is not the device name, just what is connected or named by windows to be connected.
I marked the part where the real "name" of the device is mentioned. If your device is just called High Definition Audio without a manufacturer Name like Realtek/Via/Asus/Creative, you are probably not running the correct drivers. If you are not sure where to grab them, please post us what motherboard you are using (if its an onboard chip).
RobinJack0r
Premium User and Moderator
CPU: I7 4770
RAM: 8GB DDR3
Graphics Card: ATI 7850 2GB
Operating System: Win 8.1
Capture Card: Avermedia C127
Internet Connection: 64 / 5