Support & Community Forum
Get answers from our staff and other members of the XSplit community!

Stream Audio Problem

Ask for general help about Broadcaster.
Forum rules 1. Consult the FAQ and do a quick forum search first.
2. Post your hardware and internet specs in your profile before creating a thread.

Stream Audio Problem

by Glaciusz » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:29 pm

while setting up xsplit this morning i noticed the audio in my stream to have an annoying "tsss" sound or whatever else you would describe it as: http://www.twitch.tv/glaciusz/b/419151586

i tried several things but nothing would help. eventually i tried using a different broadcasting software out of curiousity and the audio was fine on the stream. this leads me to believe the problem is with xsplit, but unsure of what else to do.

i do not own a license so would it be possible that this is because of the speex codec?

suggestions appreciated
Glaciusz
XSplit User

Re: Stream Audio Problem

by Augustine » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:16 am

Glaciusz wrote:
Spoiler: show
while setting up xsplit this morning i noticed the audio in my stream to have an annoying "tsss" sound or whatever else you would describe it as: http://www.twitch.tv/glaciusz/b/419151586

i tried several things but nothing would help. eventually i tried using a different broadcasting software out of curiousity and the audio was fine on the stream. this leads me to believe the problem is with xsplit, but unsure of what else to do.

i do not own a license so would it be possible that this is because of the speex codec?

suggestions appreciated

Hi Glaciusz,

I watched the video you posted and replayed it multiple times but I could not hear the "tsss" sound you are referring to.

Please post another video where you also experienced the problem and we will check it again.
Augustine
Support Staff

by Glaciusz » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:20 pm

the video was me testing the windows audio sound through the mixer
you can tell the difference right away from how it should sound
its a ping with an added "chime" to it

im nearly certain now that its the codec itself and would be able to resolve it by changing to AAC with a license
Glaciusz
XSplit User

by Augustine » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:04 am

Unfortunately, all I can see is a black screen but I can hear what I presume to be "Windows Ding.wav" (Windows' default beeping sound) every few seconds:

Spoiler: show
Glaciusz Test Broadcast - Sound Issue.png
Glaciusz Test Broadcast - Sound Issue.png (70.43 KiB) Viewed 43 times

But even after replaying it a few more times, I still can't hear the "tsss" sound you are referring to outside of normal parameters.

Do you have another sample where the "tsss" sound might be more audible?
Augustine
Support Staff