Support & Community Forum
Get answers from our staff and other members of the XSplit community!

authorizing XSplit with Twitch.tv

Report bugs and defects that you might have encountered with Broadcaster.
Forum rules Reporting a bug? Kindly read the following first:
1. Check the Release Notes (Known Issues) first to make sure you're not reporting something we already know.
2. Consult the FAQ and do a quick forum search about the issue.
3. Post your hardware and internet specs in your profile before creating a thread.

authorizing XSplit with Twitch.tv

by Nemitheus » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:23 am

It won't let me authorize. I click sign in and sign in. That works but whenever I try to authorize I get this error message "You need to authorize XSplite to post to your justin.tv/Twitch."
THEN I get a second error message, "you have authorized with a different user. Please authorize using "nemitheus"'. I am authorize using nemitheus! I don't know what to do anymore. I've tried at least 50 times now.
Nemitheus
XSplit User

Re: authorizing XSplit with Twitch.tv

by RobinJack0r » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:38 pm

Hey there,
Twitch recently changed their api and we had some updates to our streaming plugins. Are you using the "Justin.tv/Twitch" plugin or the plugin just called "Twitch" ?
On v1.1-1.2 you can see that if you go to your channel list (where you added the channel) click on add and on "more ...". The Plugin Browser will open and you can check which plugin is installed or can be installed.
In our new Beta 1.3 you can find it under Broadcast -> Add channel ... -> More...

I can also recommend trying the Beta: http://www.xsplit.com/blog.php?post_id=365

Greetings
RobinJack0r
Premium User and Moderator
CPU: I7 4770
RAM: 8GB DDR3
Graphics Card: ATI 7850 2GB
Operating System: Win 8.1
Capture Card: Avermedia C127
Internet Connection: 64 / 5

Re: authorizing XSplit with Twitch.tv

by Nemitheus » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:21 pm

I'm using the "Justin.tv/Twitch" and I don't see an option for just "Twitch".
Nemitheus
XSplit User