Support & Community Forum
Get answers from our staff and other members of the XSplit community!

Audio Repeating while Streaming

(Any non-version 1 bugs and defects must be posted here)
Forum rules There's a couple of things that you need to check out first before posting here.
1. The Resolved/Archived section and
2. The Release Notes (Known Issues). Doing so will save us both time. ;-)
3. Always post your hardware and internet specs before you post.
If you are NOT very confident that what you are reporting is a bug, then post in the General Help section.

Audio Repeating while Streaming

by Rob932 » Sep 04, 2011

hello, when i try to Stream on Justin.tv the first 5-10 seconds of audio captured repeats, i can still talk but it's over the repeating audio... i have tried streaming without Xsplit and it works fine that way (no Audio repeat) but when i use Xsplit and then go onto my stream to check if it's working it just repeats the audio over and over... anyone think they can put out any suggestions what could be going wrong?
Rob932
XSplit User

Re: Audio Repeating while Streaming

by CoagTV » Sep 04, 2011

just checking but, are you muting your own stream when you watch it? other wise it is repeating that over and over
CoagTV
XSplit User

by Rob932 » Sep 04, 2011

CoagTV wrote:just checking but, are you muting your own stream when you watch it? other wise it is repeating that over and over

i havent tried getting someone to go in and watch, but it will keep repeating the same thing over and over, it never stops until i end the stream... i've never had this problem before... and when i talk over the audio that is repeating it just mixes in with it... and is difficult or impossible to make out what i'm saying, but if you insist it's something i just have to ignore and stream then fine i'll try it and see when a viewer comes on, if they can hear a problem... this is an Xsplit problem, i have made sure of it cause when i stream without XSplit it works perfectly fine, i use XSplit so my entire screen is shown (the edges are cut off without XSplit)
Rob932
XSplit User

by sml.joju » Sep 05, 2011

i'm sorry but it seems that this vital information has not been included... are you viewing your own stream while you are streaming?
sml.joju
XSplit Team
Internet Connection: download/upload

by Rob932 » Sep 06, 2011

sml.joju wrote:i'm sorry but it seems that this vital information has not been included... are you viewing your own stream while you are streaming?

terribly sorry... i always have been bad at explaining thing =P

anyways yes i was keeping an eye on my stream (viewing) and the audio just kept repeating, i also asked viewers and they said they heard the repeat too... but I keep getting told to mute the stream and the problem will stop... i am not sure this is true and i cannot be sure as i had no viewers today to confirm if this worked...
Rob932
XSplit User

by sml.joju » Sep 06, 2011

in case you are viewing your stream while you are streaming, it is just logical that the audio will keep on repeating (in case you are using win7 and have speaker capture enabled, or using win7/xp with mic set to "Stereo Mix")... the reason being of course if you are viewing your stream and you are streaming the sound which is coming from your speaker (which includes the sound from your stream that you are viewing), then it would get streamed again and again and again.... correct? so if you do not want the sound to keep on repeating, then do not view your stream OR you can just turn off your speaker capture (if using win7)
sml.joju
XSplit Team
Internet Connection: download/upload

by MeatheadMilitia » Apr 26, 2012

This is happening to me to.

Let me word it a little better for the Troubleshooters.

If I go into my Game i'm playing and streaming and click on something JUST ONE TIME

And I Alt+Tab out to my Stream on Justin.tv, I will continuously here that one click, over and over and over again, even though I am not in the game doing anything. I just repeats the same click over again
MeatheadMilitia
XSplit User