Support & Community Forum
Get answers from our staff and other members of the XSplit community!

[RESOLVED] How to delay your Webcam

Forum rules 1. Consult the FAQ and do a quick forum search first.
2. Always specify your firmware and driver version when posting issues related to the capture card.
3. Post your hardware and internet specs in your profile before creating a thread.

[RESOLVED] How to delay your Webcam

by kaosiceman » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:09 pm

I'm not sure why you guys would incorporate a feature such as "audio delay" into xsplit if you aren't going to incorporate a "webcam" delay.... People normally stream with a webcam and their mic. What good does delaying your audio do if your webcam is still realtime? My HD PVR 2 is a full 3 seconds behind my webcam... so I delay my audio to "3500" and its perfect... Now how do I delay my webcam ? If you don't have a feature to do so ...which I don't think you do when will you be adding that feature. As I am 1000's of others would love you for doing so. So you guys at Xsplit should really look into it.
kaosiceman
XSplit User

Re: How to delay your Webcam

by Augustine » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:06 am

Hi kaosiceman,

A similar feature has actually been requested in the "Request for Changes or New Features" sub forum. Click here if you want to check it out.

While that feature is still being decided on, most users use VLC as a workaround. This post (also found in the above thread) describes what the author does when he uses VLC with XSplit.
Augustine
Support Staff

by kaosiceman » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:55 pm

Augustine wrote:Hi kaosiceman,

A similar feature has actually been requested in the "Request for Changes or New Features" sub forum. Click here if you want to check it out.

While that feature is still being decided on, most users use VLC as a workaround. This post (also found in the above thread) describes what the author does when he uses VLC with XSplit.

I checked up on your VLC workaround and the user that posted that post said it was only a 700 millisecond delay... I need a 3 second delay. any way I can control the delay time in VLC and increase the duration of delay?
kaosiceman
XSplit User

by RobinJack0r » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:29 pm

Hey, I just looked at the other thread but it doesnt mention exactly how you guys use VLC.
If you are using the capture device function you could set a higher cache to get a higher delay probably. vlc should start sending video out after the cache is filled if i`m not totally incorrect now ;D
Could you mention if your setup differs from my idea. I would like to do a short tutorial for future users, until XSplit includes this function!
RobinJack0r
Premium User and Moderator
CPU: I7 4770
RAM: 8GB DDR3
Graphics Card: ATI 7850 2GB
Operating System: Win 8.1
Capture Card: Avermedia C127
Internet Connection: 64 / 5

by kaosiceman » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:08 am

RobinJack0r wrote:Hey, I just looked at the other thread but it doesnt mention exactly how you guys use VLC.
If you are using the capture device function you could set a higher cache to get a higher delay probably. vlc should start sending video out after the cache is filled if i`m not totally incorrect now ;D
Could you mention if your setup differs from my idea. I would like to do a short tutorial for future users, until XSplit includes this function!

exactly -_-
kaosiceman
XSplit User

by RobinJack0r » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:23 pm

So did the bigger cache setting work for you guys? Else way i can look further into this :)
RobinJack0r
Premium User and Moderator
CPU: I7 4770
RAM: 8GB DDR3
Graphics Card: ATI 7850 2GB
Operating System: Win 8.1
Capture Card: Avermedia C127
Internet Connection: 64 / 5

by kaosiceman » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:21 pm

RobinJack0r wrote:So did the bigger cache setting work for you guys? Else way i can look further into this :)

Im not sure how to get the image of my webcam into VLC tho... I selected media...then open capture devices then selected my webcam under the video tab then clicked play and all I got was the VLC logo on the display screen and not the webcam?
kaosiceman
XSplit User

by kaosiceman » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:23 pm

RobinJack0r wrote:So did the bigger cache setting work for you guys? Else way i can look further into this :)

I figured out how to delay it thank you a lot for showing me that!
kaosiceman
XSplit User