Support & Community Forum
Get answers from our staff and other members of the XSplit community!

Hauppauge Not Working w/ Xsplit (FOR EVERYONE) Please Fix

Forum rules 1. Consult the FAQ and do a quick forum search first.
2. Always specify your firmware and driver version when posting issues related to the capture card.
3. Post your hardware and internet specs in your profile before creating a thread.

Hauppauge Not Working w/ Xsplit (FOR EVERYONE) Please Fix

by Majority » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:23 am

Anyone that has a hauppauge is screwed over when it comes to live streaming w/ xsplit. Its either WAY to delayed in camera mode or you cant stream anything over 640 x 360 without sketchy laggy video stream. Its a bug that needs to be fixed for us hauppauge users. PLEASE
Majority
XSplit User

Re: Hauppauge Not Working w/ Xsplit (FOR EVERYONE) Please Fi

by tubatime1010 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:34 am

Your blanket statements are making you look foolish. Im currently using an Hauppauge Colossus and in the past I've used an Hauppauge HD PVR to steam 720p video with absolutely no difficulty.

I'm not sure why so many people are using "camera"...You should just run the card's capture software and pick up the video from there by using "game" as your scene source. I had little to no luck with the stream out of the HD PVR because it's not the greatest system in the world. The software tends to eat CPU like crazy. I moved to the colossus and now Im using "ArcSoft Showbiz" to cap instead of Total Media Extreme and everything is flawless. It took a week or so of tweaking...but it's great now.

Streaming's not the easiest thing in the world to do. It takes patience and a good amount of tweaking the settings.

This isn't XSplit's fault. It Hauppauge's for providing unstable drivers and software with memory leaks and poor optimization. Sadly, however there's not a lot of good capture cards/capture software out there.
tubatime1010
XSplit User

by dinsdale1978 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:47 pm

I have been having the same issue with XSplit as well. I use the screen region and on a daily occurrence it freezes the Total Media Extreme window and won't let my computer shut down at all. I have to do a hard boot. If I stream from my PC only, sans DVR, I have no issues at all. I didn't have any issues before one of the last version upgrades from XSplit, so let's all stop calling those with issues liars and dullards.
dinsdale1978
XSplit User

by Sapiens » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:26 am

tubatime1010 wrote:I'm not sure why so many people are using "camera"...You should just run the card's capture software and pick up the video from there by using "game" as your scene source.

Because adding a capture device as a camera is the proper way to include it in a scene, though because the HD PVR is meant for recording video (as opposed to live streaming it) this doesn't work reliably for everyone, or adds a significant delay to the stream due to video processing. Game Capture is meant to hook full screen games and feed frames from them; using it to hook the video from the HD PVR might be useful as a workaround but it isn't its intended use. Please see viewtopic.php?p=44367#p44367
Sapiens
Premium User and Moderator
CPU: Intel i5-2500K @ 4 GHz
RAM: 8 GB Corsair PC3-12800
Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 580
Operating System: Windows 8 Pro x64
Capture Card: Live Gamer HD
Internet Connection: Internet Connection

by Speedy6543 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:19 pm

tubatime1010 wrote:I'm not sure why so many people are using "camera"...You should just run the card's capture software and pick up the video from there by using "game" as your scene source. I had little to no luck with the stream out of the HD PVR because it's not the greatest system in the world. The software tends to eat CPU like crazy. I moved to the colossus and now Im using "ArcSoft Showbiz" to cap instead of Total Media Extreme and everything is flawless. It took a week or so of tweaking...but it's great now.

Thanks, the [u ][/u] helped me out.
Speedy6543
XSplit User
CPU: Acer Aspire 7750G
Capture Card: HD PVR
Internet Connection: 47.7Mbps download/ 3.6Mbps upload