Support & Community Forum
Get answers from our staff and other members of the XSplit community!

[RESOLVED] Roxio Game Capture HD Pro - Help

[RESOLVED] Roxio Game Capture HD Pro - Help

by Uplift » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:47 am

I am having difficulties getting xsplit to recognize the latest Roxio capture card. It shows up under a webcam source. When I select it, it says "camera is not available. Check to see if it is disconnected or in use by another application". The capture device is connected and not in use by another application. Any suggestions? :?
Uplift
Focus Group
CPU: i7-2670QM Mobile Processor 2.20 Turbo 3.1
RAM: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3-1333 SODIMM Memory
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570M
Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit
Capture Card: Roxio GameCap Pro HD
Internet Connection: Verizon Fios 30+download 20+upload

Re: Roxio Game Capture HD Pro - Help

by Augustine » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:36 am

Hi Uplift,

While we want to extend Xsplit's support for Roxio devices, we only offer limited support, which means that as long as Roxio's driver conforms to standards, it should work (like with most others). Of course, we are willing to work with Roxio to improve the support for their product.

That said, I found a video tutorial that shows how to set up a roxio game capture for streaming. Please check it out (if only to double check that you've set it up properly) as it might help you.
Augustine
Support Staff

by Signia » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:53 pm

Uplift is actually referring to a new Roxio capture card, the HD Pro. That video is for the original.
Signia
XSplit User

by Uplift » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:17 am

Signia wrote:Uplift is actually referring to a new Roxio capture card, the HD Pro. That video is for the original.

That is Correct. The New Capture card has a little different setup. I can get the video to show up through the roxio software perfectly. The issue is I can't get the video to show up on xsplit, even though xsplit recognizes the roxio gamecap as a webcam video source.

Uplift
Focus Group

by striderzer0 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:24 pm

Since the Roxio HD Pro uses h264 encoding over usb, it has the same issue that the Hauppauge HDPVR 1212 which is it only works with the software it came with. So the ways people got around this is was with the "preview window capture" method , or the "add game method" where you add the preview program as a game source and crop out the excess. the advantage to this is you dont have to worry about having a blank space on your desktop.
striderzer0
XSplit User

by skatecL5 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:14 am

Hello, I just sold my HD PVR and purchased the Roxio Game Capture Pro HD in hopes that it would work with Xsplit, are there any plans to fix the compatibility with this card and Xsplit? I'm not sure if it is something on Xsplit's side that needs to be fixed or Roxio's that needs to be fixed in order to solve this problem, but is there any hope for a fix sometime in the near future?

Thanks,
Tyler
skatecL5
XSplit User

by Augustine » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:32 am

Has anyone here tried what striderzer0 said above? What were the results?
Augustine
Support Staff

by Uplift » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:28 am

Augustine wrote:Has anyone here tried what striderzer0 said above? What were the results?

Yes, I have tried that and it works quite well. There are a couple of issues though that I have encountered. Which I will try to explain my best.

So to start off I open up the roxio program and fullscreen the window onto a separate monitor. Then from XSplit you can set a screen region for either the roxio fullscreen window or the window which it is going to be fullscreened too (both should work). The only problem is that sometimes when trying to capture the window the screen will appear as a purple color and the video won't come up. The only solution I have found to this issue is to close and then restart XSplit and then the video should magically appear. :o

This works out nicely for my setup because i have my TV as a second monitor, so when i fullscreen the roxio capture window, i just change the source of my television to the actual gameplay :D

I hope this helps some of you guys!

Also here is a preview of how well roxio can look while streamed on twitch.tv
http://www.twitch.tv/uplift91/b/334167293 Just skip to 2:30
Uplift
Focus Group

by skatecL5 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:40 am

The issue with screen capping or game sourcing from the roxio software is that can result in poor performance if someone isn't using a new i5 or i7. Most people that use the Roxio or other usb cards like it use it either because they have a laptop so they can't use a PCI-e card, or they have a weaker cpu that most likely doesn't have a pci-e or that only has 1 and is being occupied by a graphics card. This isn't the case for everyone though. But a fix from xsplit would be nice and make this card one of the best for pc/xbox/ps3 streaming
skatecL5
XSplit User

by Augustine » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:41 am

@Uplift: Thanks for sharing. I'm sure it will be helpful to users who've got a similar setup. :-)

@skatecL5: Thank you for telling us in detail the issue with screen capping / game sourcing from Roxio if one isn't using a new i5 or i7. I recommend you post about your request it in this forum so that there's a chance more support can be added for it.

I'll mark this thread as resolved for now.
Augustine
Support Staff