Support & Community Forum
Get answers from our staff and other members of the XSplit community!

Cannot Add Camera (Logitech HD Webcam C270)

Report bugs and defects that you might have encountered with Broadcaster.
Forum rules Reporting a bug? Kindly read the following first:
1. Check the Release Notes (Known Issues) first to make sure you're not reporting something we already know.
2. Consult the FAQ and do a quick forum search about the issue.
3. Post your hardware and internet specs in your profile before creating a thread.

Cannot Add Camera (Logitech HD Webcam C270)

by lastzombi » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:18 am

used to be able to add camera with the same camera i am using now. I have 2 scenes that have camera(it is working) but i can't add it to anymore scenes. I am afraid to delete on ones i have it. Can you help me with this problem? Also my friend was having the same problem and i said i dunno what to do so i don't think it is only happening to me. My camera is working with other programs and as i said it works on scenes i added.
lastzombi
XSplit User
CPU: amd phenom II 1090T
RAM: 2*4 gb corsair ddr3 ram
Graphics Card: Sapphire 2gb 6950 cf
Operating System: windows 7 64 bit
Internet Connection: 50/5

Re: i can't add camera anymore

by Augustine » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:00 am

Hi lastzombi,

So that we can get a clearer picture of your problem, please post your hardware and internet specs in your profile.

Also, please tell us the complete name of the camera you are using and post a screenshot of your problem. If it's happened before, we'll be able to find a solution for it. If not, we will at least have more data to work with towards finding a solution.
Augustine
Support Staff

by lastzombi » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:36 am

Augustine wrote:Hi lastzombi,

So that we can get a clearer picture of your problem, please post your hardware and internet specs in your profile.

Also, please tell us the complete name of the camera you are using and post a screenshot of your problem. If it's happened before, we'll be able to find a solution for it. If not, we will at least have more data to work with towards finding a solution.

I filled my profile. Camera i am using is logitech hd c270. What you want me to take a screenshot off nothing happening when i click add camera? :D As i explained before i added cams to 2 scenes before updates and now i can't add camera because when i click add camera nothing happens. 2 of my friends are having the same problem. Before you go to cf or graphics driver problems i turned cf off and reinstalled drivers nothing happened. I also tried different usb port. It is like add camera button is not doing anything. No errors nothings...
lastzombi
XSplit User

by Augustine » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:48 am

lastzombi wrote:I filled my profile. Camera i am using is logitech hd c270. What you want me to take a screenshot off nothing happening when i click add camera? :D As i explained before i added cams to 2 scenes before updates and now i can't add camera because when i click add camera nothing happens. 2 of my friends are having the same problem. Before you go to cf or graphics driver problems i turned cf off and reinstalled drivers nothing happened. I also tried different usb port. It is like add camera button is not doing anything. No errors nothings...

Thank you for filling in your profile telling us your camera name. We'll look into it and tell you if we can find an immediate solution.

But first, have you tried uninstalling XSplit with Revo Uninstaller (Advanced Mode, remove all leftover files and folders) then installing a fresh copy?

Ah, I'm sorry for not being specific with regards to the screenshot. Perhaps you can open your device manager, expand Imaging Devices to show that your camera is detected THEN place the device manager side by side with XSplit while you click on Add and point to Add camera (where, since you said it is not detected, it won't show up on the list) then take the screenshot. We'll need it to properly document your problem and have it looked at by the developers (assuming we can't find a ready solution).
Augustine
Support Staff

by lastzombi » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:54 am

Augustine wrote:
lastzombi wrote:I filled my profile. Camera i am using is logitech hd c270. What you want me to take a screenshot off nothing happening when i click add camera? :D As i explained before i added cams to 2 scenes before updates and now i can't add camera because when i click add camera nothing happens. 2 of my friends are having the same problem. Before you go to cf or graphics driver problems i turned cf off and reinstalled drivers nothing happened. I also tried different usb port. It is like add camera button is not doing anything. No errors nothings...

Thank you for filling in your profile telling us your camera name. We'll look into it and tell you if we can find an immediate solution.

But first, have you tried uninstalling XSplit with Revo Uninstaller (Advanced Mode, remove all leftover files and folders) then installing a fresh copy?

Ah, I'm sorry for not being specific with regards to the screenshot. Perhaps you can open your device manager, expand Imaging Devices to show that your camera is detected THEN place the device manager side by side with XSplit while you click on Add and point to Add camera (where, since you said it is not detected, it won't show up on the list) then take the screenshot. We'll need it to properly document your problem and have it looked at by the developers (assuming we can't find a ready solution).

if you wish i will do it but to be fast my device is on device manager and there is no list poping up when i click the camera button that is the problem. it doesn't say no device connected or anything. when i click camera add menu closes and nothing happens as is "nothing"!. Also as i said before i can see my cam in the other 2 scenes i added before working. i willş post images in 5 mins...
lastzombi
XSplit User

by lastzombi » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:12 pm

found a fix for it just install the old 1.0 version. maybe that gives you some ideas tech guys and you can fix the 1.1 version. Next time control everything before you publish a new version. There are many people that are having the same problem but they are too lazy or they don't know what to do to get help...
lastzombi
XSplit User

by Augustine » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:46 am

That is strange. Have you tried manually updating to 1.1 after doing a complete uninstall with Revo Uninstaller?

If the problem persists, perhaps you can post a screenshot that shows the device is in Device Manager but that there is no list popping up when you go to "Add > Add camera" in Scene Sources.
Augustine
Support Staff

by lastzombi » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:56 pm

i have tried uninstalling with program called "your uninstaller" and after it didnt work i tried with "iobit uninstaller". Both installed 1.1 directly from the setup file. I am using the 1.0 version atm and fairly happy(at least i can add cameras). I can't give you a screenshot of what you want atm because i don't have 1.1 installed and i am not thinking about installing 1.1 anytime soon because i have work to do with xsplit. I think you can fix it with the info i gave to you sorry for no screenshot hope you believe what i am saying...
lastzombi
XSplit User

by Augustine » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:49 pm

Okay, no problem. I just asked for the screenshot to get your problem documented.

I took a look at the release notes and found a similar issue:

"Add camera" menu item no longer shows identical camera

but it says it's already fixed in version 1.1.1208.3002.

If you've already tried manually updating to the latest version but still experience the problem, you might have a different issue. We will see if we can reproduce this and come up with a fix.
Augustine
Support Staff

by lastzombi » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:23 pm

Augustine wrote:Okay, no problem. I just asked for the screenshot to get your problem documented.

I took a look at the release notes and found a similar issue:

"Add camera" menu item no longer shows identical camera

but it says it's already fixed in version 1.1.1208.3002.

If you've already tried manually updating to the latest version but still experience the problem, you might have a different issue. We will see if we can reproduce this and come up with a fix.

it is not identical camera. i have only one webcam connected. Anyway 1.0 game source is bad and it deletes itself after you close game so installing 1.1 atm. i prepared a presentation that has cams in every scene just in case. İf i will have the problem i will add a screenshot...
lastzombi
XSplit User

by lastzombi » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:36 pm

I thought video would be a better way to show it to you so here is the video of me trying to add camera...
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/892/ ... youyer.mp4
Last edited by lastzombi on Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lastzombi
XSplit User

Re: Cannot Add Camera (Logitech HD Webcam C270)

by Augustine » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:04 am

Thank you for making the video. This allows us to have concrete documentation of the problem. We'll see if we can reproduce it and come up with a fix.
Augustine
Support Staff

by ScubaDog2011 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:59 pm

I'm one of those who had the "cannot see duplicate camer", which was to say that I had two Microsoft LifeCam Studio webcams and the original version 1.1 only saw one of them. This was fixed in the patched version of 1.1.

However, more applicable here, I also ran into the inability to add ANY camera in more than 2 scenes. Someone in another thread had suggested uninstalling the SOFTWARE that came with the cameras (not the drivers themselves, though). This seems to have fixed that problem for me. I'm not sure exactly why that would work but leaving ONLY the webcam drivers allowed XSplit to control the cameras directly, rather than having the LifeCam application (which would automatically start any time the cameras were accessed by ANY software, not just XSplit) play the middleman seems to be the likely culprit. I'm just guessing at this point. The bottom line is that it allows me to add cameras to any scenes I want (computer power and bandwidth permitting, of course).
ScubaDog2011
XSplit User
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.40GHz
RAM: 12GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit
Internet Connection: 50Mbs down, 5 Mbs up

by lastzombi » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:07 am

i will try this solution i liked my webcam software but its worth a shot =)

edit:nope it did not help =)
lastzombi
XSplit User

by lastzombi » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:47 pm

Augustine wrote:Thank you for making the video. This allows us to have concrete documentation of the problem. We'll see if we can reproduce it and come up with a fix.

When will the fix be released? Are you working on this?
lastzombi
XSplit User

by Augustine » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:55 pm

We cannot give you an exact date but we will be looking into it and if we are able to replicate it, we will hopefully be able to come up with a fix for it.
Augustine
Support Staff

by lastzombi » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:49 pm

Augustine wrote:We cannot give you an exact date but we will be looking into it and if we are able to replicate it, we will hopefully be able to come up with a fix for it.

webcam on 1.0 works fine and 1.1 doesn't. Whatever you have changed with the webcam plugin is causing the problem.
lastzombi
XSplit User

by Augustine » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:40 pm

lastzombi wrote:
Augustine wrote:We cannot give you an exact date but we will be looking into it and if we are able to replicate it, we will hopefully be able to come up with a fix for it.

webcam on 1.0 works fine and 1.1 doesn't. Whatever you have changed with the webcam plugin is causing the problem.

Thank you for telling us which versions the webcam works/does not work for you. We will use that information when we look into it.
Augustine
Support Staff