Support & Community Forum
Get answers from our staff and other members of the XSplit community!

XSplit causes Game to crash.

Ask for general help about Broadcaster.
Forum rules 1. Consult the FAQ and do a quick forum search first.
2. Post your hardware and internet specs in your profile before creating a thread.

XSplit causes Game to crash.

by Ikbosh » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:15 am

Hey,
Just purchased XSplit. Causes my Game to crash aha. Anyone able to help? Here's the error that shows in Event Viewer.

"Faulting application name: DATA.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x50090197
Faulting module name: XSplitGameSource32.dll, version: 1.1.1.8, time stamp: 0x502d4e3b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00006419
Faulting process id: 0x1284
Faulting application start time: 0x01cd882ef44d8bde
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition\DATA\DATA.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SplitMediaLabs\XSplit\XSplitGameSource32.dll
Report Id: 32be0b60-f422-11e1-be6c-902b3438a353
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID: "

DATA.EXE is "Dark Souls PTD" game. I can see it's related to the Game Source, and hence why it did not cause my game to crash prior to purchasing it. But what do I do now? Let me know if there's anything more you need to know :)
Drivers and all runtimes are up to date before anyone mentions that.

Regards,
Aaron.
Ikbosh
XSplit User
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.5Ghz
RAM: G.Skill 2x4GB 1600Mhz CL9
Graphics Card: XFX AMD Radeon HD 6950 (Flashed with 6970 BIOS)
Operating System: 64-Bit Windows 8 Enterprise RTM Eval
Internet Connection: Internet Connection

Re: XSplit causes Game to crash.

by HellGreen » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:05 pm

Thanks for reporting this issue!
We will debug it based on your crash report and provide a fix asap.

The game seems not even to be listed on our games list, so I'll have it added
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4288
For the latest guides and beta versions (and occasional contents to win XSplit) follow us on our social media.
Image Like us on Facebook Image Follow us on Twitter
HellGreen
Support Boss
CPU: Intel i7 3770k
RAM: 16GB
Graphics Card: ATI HD7850
Operating System: Win 7 x64
Internet Connection: >9000 bps

Re: XSplit causes Game to crash.

by Ikbosh » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:21 pm

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help out. And there's no surprise it's not on your list, it only came out last week :) Also, I do apologize for (whether or not you saw I do not know) my attempt at a second post (reason being is I didn't see it say that it will be approved before posted and so I thought I forgot to click submit and re-made this thread aha).

If it's any help, it also caused my Skype to crash straight after installing it (I contributed this to the fact Skype was already open at the time and the installation completed after Skype was running). But, they may be related and thus I could provide the error for said event as well? (I did see them being caused by different DLL's though)

Also, incase you are wondering. If you do a little research into Dark Souls, you'll find that there's was a resolution fix for it etc (It's the latest news regarding it) and that it's fixed by using a DirectX Wrapper written by a guy called Durante. Anyways, I have tried running the game with and without the DirectX wrapper/dll as I thought it was possible that this was conflicting with XSplit as the Wrapper is known to have issues with overlays and various other things. Unfortunately, it was to no avail. Anyways, like I said, anything I can do, don't hesitate to ask :)
Ikbosh
XSplit User
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.5Ghz
RAM: G.Skill 2x4GB 1600Mhz CL9
Graphics Card: XFX AMD Radeon HD 6950 (Flashed with 6970 BIOS)
Operating System: 64-Bit Windows 8 Enterprise RTM Eval
Internet Connection: Internet Connection