Support & Community Forum
Get answers from our staff and other members of the XSplit community!

Constant stuttering when streaming with HD PVR

Report bugs and defects that you might have encountered with Broadcaster.
Forum rules Reporting a bug? Kindly read the following first:
1. Check the Release Notes (Known Issues) first to make sure you're not reporting something we already know.
2. Consult the FAQ and do a quick forum search about the issue.
3. Post your hardware and internet specs in your profile before creating a thread.

Constant stuttering when streaming with HD PVR

by Analgun » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:48 am

Greetings folks, so I have a problem that has haunted me the past month and i can't seem to solve.
To put it simple, whenever i stream anything from my hd pvr (Screen region or game source) via the Arcsoft showbiz (i've tried diffrent versions) or Total media extreme (tried diffrent versions here aswell) i keep getting stuttering. This really annoys me since at a time the stream used to be smooth.

I have literally tried everything to fix this issue, and the issue remains even as i lower the resolution to 240. Streaming pc games is no problem whatsoever though.

I have streamed smoothly in 720p with FFsplit and Flash media encoder but unfortunately these software have issues of their own. Aswell as the stream starts off as being really smooth but then it just goes off with that constant stuttering
My setup is as following:

720p 30fps 3000 bitrate (i have messed around with the bit rate alot without any results, same goes with fps and resolution, stuttering remains.)

i7 2600k @ 4.2ghz
16 gb ram
Geforce GTX460 (yeah this is my bottleneck)

Like i said before, it works perfect with other software but with xsplit it just gives me a headache, I'm unable of finding anything related to the problem i have and i can trace it back to about 2 weeks ago when it started to occur. I'm now at loss of what to do anymore.

if you want any more information don't hesitate to ask.
Analgun
XSplit User

Re: Constant stuttering when streaming with HD PVR

by Analgun » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:52 am

Ah and i'd like to add that i've tried changing servers already, turning on and off aero etc etc. I've literally tried anything inside xsplit and related to twitch.tv and it all works fine with other softwares.
Analgun
XSplit User

Re: Constant stuttering when streaming with HD PVR

by Analgun » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:35 pm

I decided to gamble on formatting my pc and that solved my problem. Still no idea what was wrong other than it was related to Xsplit.

thanks for nothing though~
Analgun
XSplit User