Support & Community Forum
Get answers from our staff and other members of the XSplit community!

Dota 2 - Black screen after Add Game

Report bugs and defects that you might have encountered with Broadcaster.
Forum rules Reporting a bug? Kindly read the following first:
1. Check the Release Notes (Known Issues) first to make sure you're not reporting something we already know.
2. Consult the FAQ and do a quick forum search about the issue.
3. Post your hardware and internet specs in your profile before creating a thread.

Dota 2 - Black screen after Add Game

by daSchow » Fri May 18, 2012 10:30 pm

Hi ! I have searched everywhere for an answer.

I can successfully add Dota 2 with the add game option in xsplits. I then start streaming. I Then I go in dota 2 and xsplits works fine for 5 or 6 seconds and then the stream goes black (I only hear sound and see my mouse icon moving in the stream). Dota 2 is still working very fine.

I already tried forcing dota 2 to work in dx9, fullscreen, windowed no-border, no fraps.
Are the developers aware of this problem ? It is really weird to see that xsplits can work for 6 seconds ... why does it turn black Oo ?!

Screen region requires insanely much more CPU than the add game feature. The addgame feature used to be painless on my computer when it worked. Xsplits used to be a perfect software ;x

Thanks for your help !
daSchow
XSplit User

Re: Dota 2 - Black screen after Add Game

by daSchow » Sun May 20, 2012 12:16 pm

Am I the only one having this problem ?! The entire community on twitch seems to be using only screen region ... I don't get it : (
daSchow
XSplit User

Re: Dota 2 - Black screen after Add Game

by kuvasz » Sun May 20, 2012 1:48 pm

Please use the search function of the forum. Everyone experiences problems with DOTA2 and Gamesource. For instance, my XBS crashes when it manages to hook into the game after the 10th try. The game is in beta and they're changing around lots of things, including graphics - XBS will not adapt to each and every step Valve takes. Expect full support when the game is released.
Take the effort to directly link to the specific point of the stream if you want to show something.
Remember to thank useful posts with the thumbs up buttom in the top-right of the post.
ImageImage
kuvasz
XSplit User
CPU: Intel Core i7 860
RAM: GEIL DDR3 CL8 4GB
Graphics Card: XFX HD5850 BE
Operating System: Win7 Pr.x64
Internet Connection: 30/5mbit