Support & Community Forum
Get answers from our staff and other members of the XSplit community!

Tutorial: Fix can't open/import video into editing programs

Simple and Advanced guides about Broadcaster.
Forum rules This section is for Guides & Tutorials only. Don't post your questions and bug reports here please (or else it will be deleted).

Tutorial: Fix can't open/import video into editing programs

by ViciousXUSMC » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:11 pm

I saw this problem posted more than once and when I tested it I as well had the problem where I could not open any of the videos recorded to my hard drive directly into a video editing program like Sony Vegas.

I had suffered problems like this before with cheap camcorders or webcams and thus have devised a process to fix the problem and let you edit the footage like normal.

Video Tutorial:

http://youtu.be/hNGBfxWB8DE
ViciousXUSMC
XSplit User

Re: Tutorial: Fix can't open/import video into editing progr

by ViciousXUSMC » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:24 pm

Oh I should have mentioned if your not paid you do not have the .mp4 option and only .flv and if that is the case its ok the tutorial can be done the same way by using a program called flv extract.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/FLV-Extract

Extract the raw stream and then mux it into a .mp4 container if you wish with mp4box.
ViciousXUSMC
XSplit User

by ParadoxianLP » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:26 pm

Just wanted to say that you helped me out a lot. It works perfectly.

By the way, I have the same problems with the last 2 seconds of video. I thought it was my setup, and it also happens when I'm not using gamesource.
ParadoxianLP
XSplit User

by AnEvilSnowman » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:46 am

At the end of your video you said that after extracting the audio and video are different lengths how can these be synced up?
AnEvilSnowman
XSplit User

by iRonshaft » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:30 pm

Great video explaining things. Unfortunatly this did not help me. I can't open the recorded .flv file with Yamb.. Any other tips you can give?
iRonshaft
XSplit User
CPU: Intel i7 2600K 3.4Ghz
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1800 MHz
Graphics Card: ATi Radeon HD5770
Operating System: Windows 7 64bit
Internet Connection: 50/5 mbit

by Augustine » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:02 pm

iRonshaft wrote:Great video explaining things. Unfortunatly this did not help me. I can't open the recorded .flv file with Yamb.. Any other tips you can give?

My tip is to read OP's second post in this thread. If, for some reason, you cannot locate the second post (it should be right below the first one), this is what he said there:

"Oh I should have mentioned if your not paid you do not have the .mp4 option and only .flv and if that is the case its ok the tutorial can be done the same way by using a program called flv extract.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/FLV-Extract

Extract the raw stream and then mux it into a .mp4 container if you wish with mp4box."
Augustine
Support Staff