Support & Community Forum
Get answers from our staff and other members of the XSplit community!

Can't add any webcams

(All non-version 1 threads must be posted here)
Forum rules 1. Please check the Forum Guidelines first before posting. Threads that do not comply with our guidelines will not be replied to by the staff.
2. Consult the FAQ.
3. Always post your hardware and internet specs before you post.

Re: Can't add any webcams

by Neitho » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:23 am

I hope this video will help you to solve your problem.

henrik wrote:I just got educated a bit earlier today by one of my colleagues. The conclusion is that this is most likely a usb controller or chipset bandwidth issue

http://www.321showit.com/view.php?video ... eb6744.flv

See Also:
http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-tro ... dth-issues
<3 XSplit
Neitho
XSplit User
CPU: i5-2500K
RAM: 8Gb DDR-III 1333MHz Corsair
Graphics Card: GTX 670 2GB
Operating System: Win7
Internet Connection: 20/10

by henrik » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:03 am

MarkSr wrote:Just a note: I can use all four webcams on the VH version of this xsplit with no problem at all.

I guess you refer to VH Multicam. If you can confirm that you can add all 4 webcams to the same scene (preset in VHMulticam) ? then there is a very good reason to look at this right away. If you can only add them when choosing different scenes then the reason is different:

XSplit loads all cameras as global sources to be able to initialize faster. So basically any limitations that applies will apply to cameras in general and not only to cameras per scene (which is not the case in VHMulticam)

VERIFICATION: Here is a little test you can do to verify if the problem is actually an XSplit issue. After you add your fist camera you say that the second shows up blank right ?...Ok So just go for the fist and save the second for skype. So load up skype and set you camera source in skype to the second camera which did not load in XSplit. Did it load in skype but not in XSplit ?...If the latter is the case then we have a problem.....Please try to perform this test and also confirm that you cannot load all 4 cameras you mentioned to one scene (preset) in VHMulticam.
henrik
XSplit Team
CPU: Core i5 M460 @ 2.53 Ghz
RAM: 4 GB
Graphics Card: Gforce 310M
Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit

by mikebaker » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:41 pm

Hi Mark, Please contact us on skype Id : xsplit.support

This way can directly try to assist you and hopefully figure out what is wrong. If you can add 4 cams to VHMulticam and you can NOT add the same cams to XSplit then this is something that we are VERY interested in figuring out. (there must be a simple explanation for this so lets find that)

If you can contact us on skype then please make sure to send the link to this thread

PS: When you add the same camera many time then it will not use more bandwidth...it will just make an internal copy
mikebaker
XSplit User